Friday, September 26, 2008

Yummy Peach Muffins

I love anything with peaches in it. These muffins are so moist and delicious and perfect to eat warm from the oven. And you better believe that I do the "optional" part!

1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups slightly mashed peaches, fresh or bottled
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Cinnamon-sugar mixture
Butter (optional)

Combine sugar, oil and egg in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix sour cream, salt, vanilla, and soda. Add the sour cream mixture to the sugar mixture and slowly blend in the flour. Do not over mix. Fold in peaches and nuts. Pour into medium muffin cups and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Optional: Dot each muffin with a small bit of butter before baking. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Notes-
-These taste best the first day, after that they get a little soggy! Don't get me wrong they are still delicious....just a little soft!
-I always heat up any leftovers for a few seconds in the microwave. They are best warm!

2 comments:

The Woods People said...

Wow we should have known better than the 2-3 cups of oil. I'm assuming this is supposed to be 2/3 cup. We halved our recipe and only used 1 cup but that didn't work either as it should have been 1/3. I guess dumb on us for not fixing an obvious typo.

Kellie said...

Casey-
I'm so sorry about the typo! I fixed it! Hopefully you can try them again!
Thanks!
Kellie