Thursday, April 21, 2011

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce

One of my favorite meals is Fettuccine Alfredo from the Olive Garden. That dish is so incredibly bad for you, so I only splurge there a couple times a year and I never make it at home. I found this recipe on Our Best Bites. It is amazing. You don't even miss all the extra fat and calories. My hubby doesn't get too excited over his food and he said this is the BEST pasta dish he's ever had! I can't wait to make it again!

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce

2 C low-fat milk
1/3 C (3 oz) low fat cream cheese (softened)
2 T flour
1 t salt
1 T butter
3 garlic cloves or 1 tsp. minced garlic
1 C grated Parmesan cheese

Blend milk, flour, salt and cream cheese together. Set aside. Melt 1 Tbs. butter in saucepan. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds on medium heat. Add milk mixture to pan and stir constantly until mixture comes to a simmer. Simmer for a few more minutes (keep stirring) until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.

Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese and let sit for ten minutes.

Add sliced, grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Toss with your favorite noodles. If eating as leftovers, add a little milk before reheating and it's as good as it was the first day!

***Notes: To cook the broccoli, I just add the chopped broccoli to the pot of noodles during the last four or five minutes of cooking time.

--To make this even easier, we ate grilled chicken a couple nights before making this, so I just threw on a couple of extra chicken breasts to use for this meal. So easy!

No comments: