Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Microwave Caramels

After two failed attempts at making my caramels this year, I decided that I was done making them again! Then my mother-in-law found this recipe in the newspaper. I tried it and it worked out perfectly and took 1/3 of the time! I don't think I'll ever go back to my old recipe!
Microwave Caramels
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Melt butter in microwave, in a glass mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and stir very well. Microwave for 6-8 minutes (time varies depending on the microwave...mine were perfect at 6 1/2 minutes). Remove bowl from microwave and pour contents into an 8-by-8-inch glass dish that has been buttered or sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before cutting into 36 squares. Squares can be wrapped individually in wax paper.

No comments: