I made this dish the other night and it was FANTASTIC! Better than a Chinese restaurant's, in my opinion! It made a ton for my little family, so next time I think I'll half it. The leftovers were still yummy though.
Ham Fried Rice
3 strips bacon, crumbled
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 carrots, diced
1 1/4 cup diced celery
1 green pepper, diced (I left this out)
2-3 cups diced ham
2 cups frozen vegetables of your choice (I used peas and corn)
6 cups cooked rice
2 eggs, well beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
Soy sauce
Brown bacon in electric skillet or wok. Drain off most of the grease. Add veggies and saute until tender. You can add a little water if you need to. Add ham, frozen veggies, and rice. Cook and stir till heated through. Scoop the mixture to the side and scramble the eggs. Add scrambled eggs to rice mixture. If you like soy sauce, I just pour a little on top and stir again. If you don't like soy sauce; just let people add it to their own serving. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment