Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grandma's Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies

My Grandma S* is famous for her brownies; her mint brownies (recipe already posted) and her chocolate marshmallow brownies. We are always excited for family parties, because these fabulous brownies are usually there! I've never actually made them until last week. They've always just been a special "Grandma treat"! I was having a craving so I made them myself. Of course they weren't as great as hers, but they were still darn good! These are my very favorite dessert! Have I convinced you yet? Yummy!!!

Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies

Brownie Layer:
2 cubes soft butter (no substitutions!)
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

Middle Layer:
1 bag miniature marshmallows

Frosting:
1/2 cup soft butter
1 2/3 cups powdered sugar (may need more)
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup evaporated milk

Cream together butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add eggs (one at a time), flour, salt, and nuts. Spread onto greased 12x17 baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and cover with a single layer of miniature marshmallows. Return to oven for 3 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Frost. Let sit one day before serving, if possible.

--These brownies are excellent to freeze. Just cut them and layer them in a tupperware container with wax paper between the layers. Then hide them in the back of the freezer before your husband eats them all! : )

No comments: