Apparently, there's a bakery at BYU that is famous for these brownies. I wanted to see what the fuss was about so I made them and now I understand. So good! I think they taste best the day after you make them.
BYU Mint Brownies
Brownies:
1 c. margarine (I use butter)
1/2 c. cocoa
2 Tbsp. honey
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts (I leave these out)
Mint Icing
5 Tbsp. margarine (I use butter)
dash of salt
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
2 1/3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. mint extract
1-2 drops green food coloring
12 oz. chocolate icing
(They don’t give the recipe for their chocolate
frosting–I just used the mint recipe–omit mint and food coloring add 1/3
cup cocoa or more depending on your tastes)
1. Melt margarine and mix in cocoa. Allow to cool. Add honey, eggs,
sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add nuts. Pour batter
into a greased 9-by-13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Don't overcook. Cool.
2. Prepare mint icing: Soften margarine. Add salt, corn syrup, and
powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Add mint extract and food
coloring. Mix. Add milk gradually until the consistency is a little
thinner than cake frosting.
3. Spread mint icing over brownies. Place brownies in the freezer for about twenty minutes to stiffen the icing. Remove from the freezer and
carefully add a layer of chocolate icing.
Recipe from: The Sister's Cafe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment