Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Easy Lasagna

We love lasagna around here, but truthfully, I'm usually too lazy to make it. I found this recipe that said you don't need to boil the noodles before you cook them, and you don't need to buy the more expensive "no boil" noodles either. I finally got around to trying it and it was so delicious! I was skeptical the whole time it was cooking, but it turned out wonderful. This is my new "go to" recipe from now on.

Easy Lasagna
1lb. lean ground beef
1-2 cloves garlic
26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce (I never use a super cheap brand)
3/4 cup water
24oz container cottage cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 Tbsp dry parsley
3 cups mozzarella cheese
9-10 lasagna noodles, uncooked

Brown hamburger with garlic. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and water. Heat through. Combine cottage cheese, parmesan, egg, and parsley. In a 9×13″ pan, layer a third of the sauce, half of noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture, and a third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about an hour. I like to take off the foil the last few minutes so the cheese browns on top. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

***Recipe from: Creations by Kara

1 comment:

Emily-Hazel said...

I'm always interested in easy lasagna!