Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not out of the box Brownies

It's hard to beat a good old box mix brownie, but sometimes I want a to make something with a little more work involved. I know, I'm weird. This is a great recipe that is even better than a box mix! And it smells soooo good while it's cooking!

1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Bring sugar, butter, oil and water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chips and stir till melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and stir till smooth. Stir in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a greased 8 inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

--Like most things, I think these are better the next day.

No comments: